View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Default Free Grading for Hurricane Relief by SGC

Posted By: Josh K.

I received a call from Scott Hileman who, as most of you probably know, is one of the senior graders at SGC. SGC has generously offered to grade for free any card being donated to raise money for hurricane relief.

This is a very generous offer that we should take advantage of provided that the grading will increase the final sales price of the card. For many prewar cards, I imagine the authentication alone (even if it receives a low grade) will do just that. However, if you are donating cards from the 60's or 70's, please consider whether grading will be beneficial or not (for example, lower grade cards from this era will probaby not see much benefit from grading). Finally, SGC would prefer that all of the cards be submitted by the same person or persons (as opposed to individually). To that end, if you would like to get your cards graded prior to donation, please send them to either Ted Golden (who is running the auction) or myself for submission. Once graded, the cards will be shipped directly from SGC to Ted for the auction.

Ted Golden's address is as follows:

Itailers
attn: Cards for Hurricane Relief
265 Ponce de Leon
Unit 3106
Atlanta, Georgia 30308

If you would prefer sending to me for submission, my address is:

Josh Krasner
3200 Beechleaf Court
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27604

Please be sure to include with any card your contact information (including address) so you can get proper documentation of the donation from Ted for tax purposes.