View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Default What is the opinions here of the PSA Registry?

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

I have no problem with the registry, and have a couple of sets listed myself. Personally, I don't care much one way or the other how people choose to collect. If someone wants to spend huge dollars chasing down high grade Don Mossi cards, and they get joy out of doing so, who am I to criticize how they choose to collect?

I have a 1938 Goudey set that I love. I completed it months ago, and had the whole thing graded by PSA. Then I started looking at it and I realized that my PSA-2s and my PSA-7s were very different-looking. So I decided to start upgrading.

Over the weekend I found a very nice Marvin Owen in White Plains. I was thrilled to bring it home. I'll be thrilled (I think) when the grade comes back. And it's just Marvin Owen.

At the same show, my nine-year-old son snagged a pile of shiny basketball cards from a very nice seller. He's thrilled to have a card with a swatch of Shaq's jersey embedded in it. He's thrilled to have picked up a couple of cards of his favorite player, Jason Kidd.

Which one of us is right, and which one of us is wrong? There's plenty of room in this hobby for everyone, and it makes no sense for me to sit and judge people who don't buy the same type of cardboard as I do.

-Al