View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Default Joe Jackson Barnstorming Photo

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Scott -
my comment was not made to be insidious. But i do feel that many people on here, once again, myself included, are uneducated as to the nature of this question. In otherwords, just because someone can look at a picture and voice and opinion does not mean it is a well arrived at conclusion. I have known of Mike for a long time now, although i've never conversed with him, or met him, i do believe him to be an exception to the aforementioned statements. Also, if anyone in here was a photography expert (of which Adam seems to be at least a novice) and thus better at it than most of us, they could talk numbers - in other words - the nose is .35 inches above the ears in one but .37 in the other or something to that effect - maybe someone good with photoshop could do the same, although photoshop is the one thing i can't do on a computer. Perhaps a math expert could arrive at the same information - but i haven't been in to math since i changed my major halfway through frosh year at college. I think this is a wonderful question, and i love hearing opinions, but many of them are unsubstantiated beyond a person's own inclinations and ideas - once again, myself at the head of this group. Regardless of whether they share Mike's conlcusions, people on here are just jumping on the band wagon. I myself thought it was probably joe but possibly not. Now i think it's probably not, but could be. Also, your analysis of my photography comment was right, except for the fact that you analyzed it the other way around. You didn't think of the contrary. I was not comparing the small photo to the large photo, rather, the larger to the smaller - If that makes sense - i hope it does. Lastly, i will say that something no one on here has seemed to mention is the following.... it is entirely possible that a newspaper clipping substantiating Joe's location at the time of the photo, could still leave open the possibility that it is or is not him. Don't get me wrong, this may be impractical, but hypothetically, just because joe was in Z-ville at the time of this photo doesn't mean it is him in it. It will depend on what the newspaper says specifically.

BlackSoxFan