View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Default Favorite National?

Posted By: warshawlaw

Like night and day differences. I waited in line outside for 4+ hours on the 1st day I attended in 1991 (spent the time talking to a Marine I knew from a show the week before; he was just back from the Gulf War and had a ton of those Desert Shield cards plus a bunch of propaganda cartoons that were dropped during the air campaign--really interesting way to spend some time) then bypassed the 2nd line for the bag o crap and went right into the aisles. I remember talking to Dan and Dad about their loss on one of the days I was there. Thankfully, the 2nd day I went a dealer I was working on a Hollywood memorabilia sale with came and got me an hour early and took me in via the dealer's entrance, so I bypassed the line and all the BS. I was kinda cash-strapped at the show so I didn't do that well.

2001 was totally different. They planned for the massive attendance of 1991, it seemed, but got a hell of a lot less. I got in readily, had a plan and had cards and cash to work with. I added a bunch of nice stuff to my collection.