View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default E-Unc. Ty Cobb slabbed by GAI.

Posted By: Scott Forrest

...such as yourself and the fake e95 Cobb, although collectors worth their salt wouldn't be fooled by such an item. The real issue is what we do after we realize they are reprints. In my case, I ate two real photo postcards that I never examined closely - when told they were fakes, I put them away.

In your case, you pawned off a fake lithograph on an unsuspecting customer, and then refused to give a refund. There was quite a bit of ruckus on the board over your behavior. Any caramel collector will readily agree that modern reprinted color lithographs are incredibly easy to spot, even without that 10x loupe you use for your "research". But again, the issue is with screwing customers after you sell them a fake reprint. I realize that you have a large customer base on this board and I feel that they are probably safe for the most part since you now send your cards to grading companies. I don't normally agree that it is wise to get all cards slabbed, but in your case I think it's very necessary.