View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default deadball era postcards?

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Hello Scott,

I know Dan sells many postcards on Ebay using the ID of gtp.ro Old Cardboard did his Bio in the last issue. A seller I would stay away from on Ebay with post cards is greenmonster. The Dietsche post cards are most common. The Tigers are much easier than the Cubs. Their are two Cobbs in the set. The throwing PIC is harder than the hitting PIC. Post cards are still very under valued and are great to collect! Jerry Spillman is an expert on Rose post cards. He is a collector/dealer. Check out my website which feature many post cards. I think the earliest one I have is 1904. E-mail me if you have any questions or if you just want to show me buys you have made... Not enough post card collectors out there.

I know SGC grades post cards and PSA I think does too as they do Plows Candy cards. I would not use PSA though.

After you start collecting let me know if you like them clean on the back or post marked with a stamp and date from being mailed????

I lucked out one time in a post card auction where I scored a Peck & Snider 1869 Post card of Cincinatti... LOL

http://www.zmotive.com/gallery/jccards