View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Default Grading fees from PSA and SGC

Posted By: warshawlaw

If you have private insurance for your cards, the whole insurance thing on their premises is unnecessary as your policy should cover you.

I seriously doubt that the premium on any liability policy that a grader carries slides based on the value of the cards in their possession. Even if it did (as do some policies for businesses where they adjust the premium based on the $ value of the work you do) I am certain that the adjustment in rate does not equal the premium they force you to pay.

We also know from harsh experience that the slabbers typically do not acknowledge mistakes and do not pay willingly for losses they cause.

While you as the customer select the value tier for the cards, the slabbers can jack them up if they see an obvious effort to hide a high value card in a lower tier. That said, I have never had one jacked up on me. You do need to recognize that if the slabber damages or loses a card, they will try to use your value statement in court as an admission that the card is worth far less than you are suing for--PSA did that in Dan's case, and we overcame it only because Joe Orlando is a lying sack of **** and the judge simply did not believe his testimony.

All I see is another source of profit covered by a line of BS.