View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Default Scenario~Your Opinions

Posted By: leon

We've had many discussions about this on the board (old grading standards grading vs new grading standards). I think the old timers (I ain't too young but this is about card collecting) have different thoughts on grades than the new grading company standards. Twenty years ago an erased pencil mark on the back of a blank backed, otherwise pristine card, didn't take it from nrmt to gd-vg. Most old timers timers don't grade as strict as the grading companies of today. I am not debating whether they should or shouldn't but they just don't. Recently I sold a card I bought from Lew about 5 years ago, it was an N333 I bought for $450. It looked ex and was sold that way. A few years later I sent it in to SGC and it came back "evid of trim". I didn't even tell Lew...there was no reason to. Since it didn't fit my collection anymore I sold it.....for about $700.....and as "trimmed but beautiful"......I think if you buy a card that is advertised as short then you are taking your chances on it being able to be graded......regards