View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default Trader's etiquette

Posted By: Glen V

The real problem is too many people have cards that they don't want, yet other people can't find the right cards to trade for them. I've learned that for some items, money is no good. You need to buy cards you don't want so that you can trade them to people that want them and pry away something from them. The problem is rarely do two people have something they don't want that the other person does.

I've tried to get some cards from people, but didn't have anything to trade. Now I've started buying cards that I don't care about just to have trade material. Problem is they aren't always the right cards. I've offered some rare material, but either the other person didn't have anything I wanted, or didn't want to give up anything. Likewise, there are people I want cards from, but I don't have the right cards to offer them. And of course selling cards makes no sense, because I still can't get any cards I need.

So the question becomes: How many people have a bunch of cards they don't really care about? Is there anyway to get a big 5 or 10 person trade to switch around cards so they find caring homes? Maybe have a one-time regular thread with everyone posting extra cards so people might see a multi-person switch that could benifit everyone? Other ideas?