View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Default Trader's etiquette

Posted By: jay behrens

I'll agree with Dan on the insulting trade offers for rare cards. Let's get realistic. The regular contributors, and most lurkers, to this board are more than knowledgable about what they own. Offering a common card, HOFer or not, from a common set for somethig truly rare is an insult and doesn't reflect well at all on the person making the offer. Hell, I'd love to trade a crapload of low grade commons for a low grade Fireside, but no one int heir right mind is goign to go for it, and I would most likely ruin any chance of ever being able to trade with that person again for making such an insulting offer.

I can also understand the dislike for Please Make Offer, but with the volitile nature ofthe market right, no one really wants to get the short end of the stick. Bitch about it all you want, but when that card hits eBay, you are could more than likely be paying far more for it there than if you had shot them a decent offer.

Jay

I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.