View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymity- should it be allowed ?

Posted By: vetekbob

I dont see how posting ones name in order to login is a great security issue unless you post personal information about yourself as well on the board. Giving ones name alone is not a security breach if you will. It does become an issue if you share your name as well as where you live and what kind of collection you have in an open forum. Granted one should be careful in what they say and share on an open forum as you never know who is watching and reading posts. Lets think about this for a moment, those of us who are registered users of Ebay and Paypal as well have the very information listed on Ebay that millions of people can see and read with just a few clicks of the mouse. If someone wanted to track what other Ebay users bid on and win they can do so very easily as we all know and yet most dont think about those kind of things. Believe me if someone wanted to do background checks on us its not hard at all to do on the net provided they know more than your name and thats the key. I think we need to try and not get too paranoid here.

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com