View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default Please make me feel better

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

You know what I love about this board only one personal e-mail regarding this situation. Man who says men don't gossip. So from the horses mouth. Yes I did ask the seller to end the auction early. My reason for that is simple, I better try to do it before some else beats me to it. N172's are very competitive and if you don't make very high offers for cards you want someone else will. No I did not offer him chump change. I made a very high offer for the card, which I thought would be a fair price for the card given it's condition. But like most times when you ask a seller to end an auction early he is flooded with other offers. Most of the times those offers are well below what I had offered the seller, but this time it was quit a bit higher. So I advised him to sell the card to the highest offer (which happened to be absurdly high and probably not a real offer) or place it back on ebay with a nice reserve to protect his offer. No I did not get kicked off ebay because of this. It was to do with me being very busy and forgetting to pay for a few auctions which is all being taken care of. (man I hate when people don't take paypal) So thanks for all your love and care. I guess friends are getting tougher to find in this HOBBY.

Just to bring everyone up to speed on me personal so there are no more rumors regarding my motives.

Trevor Hocking:

I'm 30 years old.

I have lovely wife Lindsey
A five year old son named Hunter (who is the joy of my life) The next generation of vintage card collector. He likes cards but they have to be Lego Knight cards.

I've been married twice, My first wife died of Adrenal Cortical Carcinoma (Cancer of the adrenal gland) at 23 years old. So I did learn to take life one day at a time and money is meaningless without life.

I own a video production company. I was blessed with a great business and work very hard for it.

Yes I still collect.

I am a third generation set collector whose family never threw anything away. I still have my grandfathers Goudeys, Playballs, and George C. Millers with the original wrappers and boxes that he opened. Along with quit a few other sets.

I personally have over 500 N172's (my favorite set)
Yes I sold my original group but have rebuilt seance then. How could I resist with all of these cards coming out of the wood works.

I do help out quit a few people with there collections. I do this free of charge and would do it for anyone. I love this hobby. So if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me.

If I ever make a profit or get a kickback from someone for selling there cards I just go and buy more cards for my collection. By the way I just got done selling a good friends collection for $480,000 and didn't make a cent. Happy to do it and would do it for any friend.

I'm not a dealer. I set up at one show, (Hollywood Park) just for fun!!!!!!!

I hope you all have a great time with this hobby. Stop talking about everyone else and start having some fun for yourself.

See you in the trenches because according to this board it's war out there.
Trevor Hocking (n172junky, but not for long)
trevor@synergystudios.tv