View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default T210 Old Mill Jackson in REA Auction-New Owner's Perspective

Posted By: Anonymous

Check out this link of a W572 Johnson PSA 4 "Hand Cut" designation on the slab.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=5193589090&rd=1

Ok I know that I said there is no difference between hand-cut and trimmed and I still believe that but apparently PSA doesn't. If I where the buyer of the T210 Jackson and did tons of research from the top T210 collectors to find out that my card was "hand cut" and not "trimmed" and then saw the W572 Johnson card I would want the same treatment given to my Jackson after I provided all my findings. I know the W572's where issued to be hand-cut but from the sounds of the current research 25% of the T210's produced where designed to be hand-cut as well, but just at the factory. So what's the difference?

Corey in no way is this a slam on your amazing card. It is truly a hobby treasure. The issue here is to get the hobby to start sharing it's information to the auction houses and grading services. After all they seem to be working together a lot but not communicating when it's necessary. I have three very high-end clients that I deal with and my job for them is to make sure they know what they are buying and the history of each and every item. Am I right 100% of the time, no way but I do my homework BEFORE they spend there money. I know this is not a perfect hobby but I just want people to be a little more up front with info when there trying to sell in our hobby big or small deals. I think REA is one of the greats in our hobby and has proven that time after time. REA and the T210 a side I hate to see people trying find buzz words to make an item sell better. I hate money and wish it was not such a factor in our great hobby!!!!!!! But if I or for that matter someone I knew spent over $50,000 on one item I would want the best case scenario every-time and would fight for that, which I do believe REA has done I just wish PSA would join the bandwagon. Do you think the card would have sold for the same if it was raw or in lets say a PSA 3 "hand cut" holder? Who knows and who cares? I guess we do!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post. I really need to take my depression meds.