View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Default THE BIG BUYERS IN OUR HOBBY

Posted By: John

Trevor;

I think that’s great. Good for you. I don’t believe that anyone on this board has ever said that all collectors with large amounts of discretionary income are un-educated collectors. And only us guys who work 9-5 are the true collectors. I can think of several people on this board who are very much “true collectors” and are financially well off.

I for one on several occasions have said the hobby is getting too rich for my blood, and based on what I want to collect in the future and given my current financial situation. My collecting chances are very limited. I can comprehend that there are individuals of wealth that love and know this hobby, but even you have to admit there are some who may not love the hobby and are just buying for investment purposes only, who can drive prices up on all collectors.

This hobby is very big and loved by all to a degree, to say that the “whole hobby” reads this board is a little arrogant on your part. To think that you know the whole hobby clientele list, is just as wrong as saying “people with money who collect don’t know the hobby like I do” isn’t that your complaint. I know several people with large collections who are friends of mine who do not read or were unaware of this board and the topics discussed here. I myself wasn’t aware of this place until several years ago and I have always been an avid collector. I'm glad I found this place, the people are nice and its fun to talk cards good or bad with fellow collectors.