View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Default National Network54 Dinner night- THE venue

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
I would like to get this wrapped up in the next week or so so we can have a reservation and set game plan. The first thread was good in that we got everyone's opinion on what to do and a ballpark estimate on how many ( we added a smaller card forum, of about 12, to the dinner yesterday too ). I would guess there will be about 60-75 people. Now I need some help on finding the right place. It has been determined that we pretty much eat everyday so that is not a priority although some form of nourishment should be available, and not just liquid refreshments. What I need is some of our Chicagoan (is that correct?) board members to lend me a hand in finding the right venue. Again, food is secondary to the place. It needs to be somewhere close to the National too (Rosemont). I think renting a room is out of the question as it could cost several hundred to thousands of dollars. If we do it at a restaurant the room should be free, or almost free, as long as we chow down. I am taking help....and Andy....where are ya man? BTW, our old friend Pete C. is on a project and won't be able to help with this although I hope he can still make the dinner. PS. Harry Carey's called back a day late and a dollar short...I didn't call them back..... regards all