View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Default National Network54 Dinner night

Posted By: scott brockelman

sounds like we have several possible locations, i think we need to consider several factors

1. the size of the group, probably 40-50 and growing.

2. close to the venue(rosemont)= extra limited travel cost.

3. meal cost, everyone present wants to put most of their available dollars towards cards, not meals.

4. time spent at the eating place. last year was fine we were able to converse and stay for awhile, the prior year our table was turned faster than denny's.

i think we have approached the point we need either a reserved facility such as the hotel offshoot someone brought up or perhaps better a restaraunt that has a banquet/meeting room as suggested as well, i think it may have been the pizza place. as far as i am concerned steak is no big deal and those places want to turn the table, nothing better than regional food and chigago pizza would be fine and perhaps better for everyone on a budget and give us an extended time frame to eat, drink and be merry.

if the cost of reserving a private room at a restaraunt would be a little extra, i am sure that leon and i could cover it. (LIKE I HOW I VOLUNTEERED HIS BACKING?).

EDITED TO ADD, THAT A BANQUET ROOM IN SOME TYPE OF RESTARAUNT WOULD PROBABLY BE THE BETTER CHOICE, 1ST IT WOULD BE LESS EXPENSIVE THAN A HOTEL BANQUET ROOM AND ALL THE SERVICE AND FOOD WOULD BE COVERED BY EACH PARTY, THE ONLY ADDITIONAL COST WOULD BE THE RESERVING OF THE ROOM, WHICH IN MOST INSTANCES WOULD BE FREE AS LONG AS YOU GUARANTEE A CERTAIN NUMBER OF PEOPLE AND A 15% GRATUTITY TO THE PEOPLE WORKING THE PARTY BEING SERVED.

THE HOTEL IDEA WOULD ENTAIL RENTING A ROOM INSIDE THE HOTEL AND CHOOSING A PRESET MENU AND ESSENTIALLY CHARGING EACH PERSON PER PLATE, PROBABLY TOO EXPENSIVE AND TOO RESTRICTIVE.
SCOTT