View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Doctored Card Detection Kit Ideas....anyone think this would be a good idea

Posted By: ted

Okay, so as someone who isn't a complete novice, but not an expert, i had an idea. Don't know where this will go but i thought i'd put it out there and see if anyone liked the idea. basically, i think it would be great to put together 3-5 card counterfit/doctored card kits for members and interested parties as a way to help people compare cards they are looking at .... in otherwords, spend some time and about 40-50 a kit to give to people. In this set i would include:
1 trimmed card
1 fake border
1 type size for the players name
1 Imitation Cardboard

Obviously we would need to include cards that are definitely cut..... as opposed to a card taht people argue over....
What else would you guys add to this list and do you think it would be helpful. My suggestion would be that these kits are sold only for what it costs to put them together.. it would be a great utility for novices and experts alike to be able to have a doctored card in hand when looking to purchase new items. Certainly people could acquire these on their own.....but if you don't know what to look for how will you know if that's what you have...

Just a thought!
BlackSoxFan