View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Plank on PSA's website

Posted By: TJ Schwartz

My standing in the hobby? Pretty funny.

I guess many don't know me and that's fine. I created and still write the 'On Your Side' consumer protection column in Tuff Stuff since 1992. I am the Editor-At-Large and the Vintage Autograph Price Guide Editor as well. In the past 13 years, I've personally helped thousands of collectors recoup lost monies from various rip-offs and scams. I do it for FREE! Feel free to go to my web site imonyourside.com to read columns dating back 5-7 years. I never mention this when I do card business, but when my integrity is challenged, I will.

I also co-hosted the Memorabilia Hour on Ron Barr's Sports Byline USA's show for 10 years. [show is done now.] I've owned and operated Porky's BB Cards & Autographs, Inc in N. Hollywood, CA since 1988. I am a red power seller on eBay with 100% FB. Not too many 1000FB+ PS's with 100% these days.

My standing after 17 years in the hobby is just fine, thank you.

Feel free to have fun at my expense. This was supposed to be a fun little idea. You would have though I had some vulgarity or racial slur on the holder by some of the reactions I've read here. To say that a PSA 4 Plank will sell for less because it says Mr. X Collection on the label is just utterly inane. What would I care if the label on a card I desired said ANYTHING? For 5 clams, I could remove it! The CARD would be what I'm buying, but with some kind of different designation, to me, it would forever make that particular card stand out from the rest.

I know most of you prefer SGC. Go for it. I prefer PSA. Different strokes...Interesting in that all the Branca cards and the Awesome Leaf set in Mastro's recent auction are all in PSA holders. Prices seemed to be kinda good, eh? Have over 2 dozen buyers froim this site interested and the SCD full page interview with me and my ads haven't even hit yet.

BTW, Have a PSA 8 1932 US Caramel Joe Cronin on eBay right now along with many '33 Goudeys 7's and others from Mr. X. Don't worry, as they don't say Mr. X! lol !

User ID is tjschwartzsports, if interested. Will be listing 4 Hassan Triple folders, including a Christy and a Cobb in PSA 6 on Friday. TJS