View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Plank on PSA's website

Posted By: T206Collector

I won't begrudge TJ for making money the best way he knows how, but it's kind of like naming rights for a stadium. The Yankees, who make oodles of dough, haven't changed the Stadium name to Adidas Park or Utz Potato Chip Field, though they could've scored big on that one. They understand the value in not doing so. SGC just graded the best Cracker Jack set in existence. Thankfully they knew better than to slab Uncle Joe Whomever on their holders for that set.

Finally, I have owned over 100 SGC and PSA graded T206 cards in recent years, and have held many more others. SGC is by far the most consistent grader. It's not even close. When I first starting posting on this board, I was a defender of PSA. Then I started accumulating more and more PSA graded T206 cards on ebay and grew more and more disappointed with their inconsistency. I just don't have any level of trust purchasing PSA graded T206 cards anymore. The only good thing is you can always find a buyer -- at least for now -- if you don't like what you end up with. With SGC, I never have that worry and I've never had reason to have that worry.

My only fear is that PSA has so much market share that so many investors have put so much money into that they will be unwilling to move out of PSA and into a more sensible grading company; that SGC will eventually lose the battle of the graders and we'll all be stuck with something we don't want.