View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Default Proof that things are crazy

Posted By: Tim N

I've wasted a bunch of time clicking on this guy's auctions lately. In all his auctions he is clearly trying to mislead the less knowledgeable with the descriptions.

His recent feedback (99.2%) includes somebody who bought a 1934 Goudey from him and got a card with "no back" (posted April 13). All Nomar's description has to say about the card's condition is this:

"This card is in very nice shape especially since it is over 70 years old. Please see pictures."

But there's no picture of the back-- ha ha! Every single time I've gone to one of his auctions I've noticed something that's just not right.

It brings up a question I've sometimes wondered about:

should we as a board try to maintain a semi-official list of scammers and questionable sellers? The hobby analogy to a list of virus signatures. Like that, it would always be slightly out of date as the slugs mutate and change their names, but it could help the newer folks a lot.

This would not be for sellers that some people don't like (re the recent 707sportscards and Verkman threads)-- that would be too subjective.

This would be for people who are just flat-out engaging in scamming, shilling, and other forms of out-and-out deception: the libertyforalls, the nomar5378s, etc.

I'm not volunteering to head this up (ha-ha): just wondering if it's something we might want to consider.

Cheers,

Tim