View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default "Baseball Magazine" Posters

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I recently won an item described as a 1913 Baseball Magazine Poster of Chief Meyers. I believe that they may be listed with the American Card Catalog label of M113. I am awaiting the arrival of the item, and I'm hopeful that it is original.

I am also very aware that some of these baseball premiums have been reprinted over the years.

I was able to find several of these posters with the same dimensions of
10" X 19" listed in an old Oregon Trail catalog. One of the lots in the same catalog included the mailing tube that these posters were shipped in.

I have seen one of these Chief Meyers' posters about 10 years ago at an antique shop in Maine that had edge tears, which I believed was an original.

I have also seen another poster last year at a card show which had far less clarity and had no edge wear. Since the dealer had about a dozen of these posters of various players, all pristine, and all shrink wrapped, I assumed these were reprints.

Lastly, I also passed on one of these last year on EBAY that the seller revealed was quite a bit smaller than the 10" X 19" size.

I'm curious as to whether the reprints are all smaller dimensions?

If anyone could provide feedback on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Patrick