View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default Nice Bancroft, but not his rookie

Posted By: john/z28jd

Does anyone think that changing the years long after theyve started grading them might be more of a problem than being off by one year? I could see it causing problems with people claiming a 1916 is his real rookie,not the 1917 eventho its the exact same card just labeled wrong.I could see if theres only a couple examples graded but neither of these companies just started grading these cards.I think you would have more people claiming one is better than the other than you would have people making false(even if its unknown to them) claims that its a rookie.

I think the main reason they wouldnt change it is because of all the re-holdering they would be asked to do,and who is supposed to get charged for it,the customer who just wants the right year,the company that is only going by the books we all use or the book for being wrong eventho it was once widely accepted?

Id like to see the right year on every card but it doesnt seem logical when years change all the time.Just look at that thread Hal started a few months back about the A&G's

David obviously wasnt trying to decieve anyone with this auction,just so everyone knows