View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default New (old) Board Direction- IMPORTANT

Posted By: Elliot

Rob L., Rob M., and others. My understanding is that you will still be welcome here. Regarding what "primarily" means, I think you have faith in Leon and his vision for the board. If you felt welcome before you should be welcome now. I think all (most?) of us know when we are getting too far off-topic. Rob L. in his post identified most of the areas of Leon's concern....all the bashing over the memorabilia authentication, and one or two too many fake Ruth sigs. My opinion is that the occasional post about a fake Ruth sig is ok (quite funny and educational) but too many takes the forum off of it's main focus.

Regarding Leon's comments about newbies given less slack, I think the prime example are the first time posters who ask about Barry Bonds cards. Also, it's only fair that those who contribute through posting be given more slack. It shouldn't be that hard to make an occasional post, no matter your knowledge level. If everybody had the attitude that they wanted to lurk, then there would be nothing to read.

I think everybody should give it a try, I think you might be pleasantly surprised how little things have changed. Also, remember if you don't like, Leon won't be able to put up with the stable of miscreants for more than about a year (my guess) and the next moderator will take the forum in a slightly different direction, and also continue to make improvements.

Also, I think everybody has to keep in mind that the moderator position is a volunteer one, which takes up quite a bit of time, and that the forum does not have any revenue, which should mean that we cut the moderator a lot of slack. Bill and I have not seen a lot of qualified people who wished to be moderator.

Whichever direction the forum takes in the future, I think it's a great place to be because of the contributors.