View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Another Wagner found-Uh Huh

Posted By: davidcycleback

It reminds of when the scam seller of a T206 Wagner reprint (the infamous blue eyed Wagner?) said the card was discovered in an old house that was being fixed up, and the auction had a picture of "the house." It looked like someoneone drove by in downtown Detroit and snapped a shot of an abandoned house.

I wondered if the high bidder said to himself before placing the bid, "That's picture shows a house all right. The card must be real."

Speaking of houses. I don't know if this was a scam or not, but I remember a guy on eBay who said he owned Ty Cobb's old house and remodelled it. He offered on eBay Ty Cobb's glass door knobs from doors that were changed. They guy might have been on the up and up, and I would have like to own the glass door knob's to Ty's house, but there wasn't any offered proof that they were real. If those game used baseball bat experts have such trying times over bats, I don't know SCDA would go about authenticate glass door knobs.

I've long collected personinal artifacts that belonged to famous peopole. It's neat to tell a guest, "That coffee cup you are drinking out of. That belonged to Cary Grant" or "That photo on the wall. That belonged to Greta Garbo." It would have fit in perfectly to be able to say, "The bathroom you just used. The door knobs on the door belonged to Ty Cobb."