View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default Zeenuts, complete collection

Posted By: jay behrens

It was mentioend on the one of the boards that John England owned a complete run of every Zeenut known. I questioned that statement and now have the definative answer direct from Mark Macrae with personal notes to me deleted:

Mark wrote:

...Nobody has ever finished off Zeenuts. Back in the late 70's Lou Chericoni of Walnut Creek came the closest (needing Under 30), but he sold the collection to an advanced collector in Fort Smith Arkansas (John England) who used to run Vivian's Book Store and had assembled a great collection in his own right.... A few years later, England sold his entire collection to Larry Fritsch. Larry still has the Zeenut collection, but has only been able to pick up one or two cards from the list in the last 20 years. Additionally, many of the sets have been examined closer & numerous printing variations have been identified adding more than 100 cards to the "Horne "list. (Jim Horne published the best checklist for Zeenuts....to date...in 1977. From that list there are three collections needing less than 60 cards...including mine, Dobbins and Chericoni's / Fritsch's).

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.