View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Default Does this look trimmed to anyone?

Posted By: T206Collector

quite a bit, not to so sound like Joe Orlando. I have tons of crappy T206 cards that no one ever would have trimmed and they don't all measure the same size. It's best to look for even wear on each edge and uneven cuts. Obviously, people usually trim baseball cards to make round corners sharp and square. This would only really be beneficial if the card would appear mint after the trim job. Except for the people that used to have fun cutting up T206 cards back in the early 1900's for whatever reason, you don't see too many trimmed T206 cards that people aren't trying to sneak into PSA/SGC 6 or higher holders. In fact, I try to stay away from T206 cards that are in better than PSA/SGC 6 condition -- yes, price is one reason, but I just don't trust that such cards haven't been altered over time.

Your Tinker was most likely just loved by someone who liked to play with his baseball card collection over a period of several years. He also probably kept them in a stack with a rubber band around them. I highly doubt anyone would have any interest in shaving an edge off of it. There is no good reason to.