View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Default 1915 Cracker Jacks, Get yer almost complete set

Posted By: Judge Dred

You have to love the story the seller provides in the item description:

"These are Original 1915 Cracker Jack Cards given to me by my grandfather before he passed away. He obtained these cards in the 1930's and never let go of them"

I tell you, it just gets deeper and deeper.... I kind of laughed at the item description and sent the seller the following email:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those cards are reprints which would probably make your story about your grandfather a little inaccurate to say the least. If you ask me how I would know that the cards are reprints I can only tell you that I know this through experience. If you still feel that they are real then you should research the PSA grading/authentication company because if they were real and you had just a few of them graded/authenticated then you could easily have $5,000 in your pocket and still have about 170 cards to sell. But since you and I both know that this isn't going to happen why don't you just do everyone a favor and pull the auction before you really tick someone off by taking their money....

I'm guessing that I'm going to get a really nasty reply that is full of piss and vinegar. If so, I'll post it as an update to the thread.