View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Default Caramel Card set collecting

Posted By: Andy Cook

I have completed E90-2, E91-C, E92 Dockman, E93, E96. The easiest for me by far was E96, which I completed in Good to VG in about 6 months.

My E90-2 set is beater mostly, with one or two VG. E90-2s were easy for the first 7-8, then stalled. I actually picked up 5 in one day at a show in Baltimore in 1995. The last card I got was Maddox and it took me a full year to locate one after I had the first 10. In the meantime I had about 3 Millers, several Adams, Gibsons and Hyatts. In total, it took me 6 years to finish my E90-2 set.

I completed an E92 Dockman set in about two years in the mid 90s minus the Young. In the whole time I went through close to 50 Dockmans before I saw my first Young. I broke up my E92 Dockman near set in the late 90s and am now trying to reassemble it. It's more difficult to find them this time around.

I completed E93 in two years. In the first year I got 28 of the cards and then it took me a full additional year to get Brown and Coveleskie which I think are widely recognized as the most difficult cards in the set.

In E91-C I found relative scarcity based on the teams. The three teams included are Senators, Pirates and Red Sox. The Senators are much easier than the other two, Pirates in the middle and the Red Sox were much more difficult....although not as difficult as finding missing cards for E90-2 or E93.

I did complete 21 out of 25 E95s (minus Cobb, Evers, Plank, Wagner) in less than a year. I think this is the easiest caramel set to complete if you have the money for the big name HOFers.

Anyone have some extra Dockmans they want to trade?
Andy