View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: jay behrens

I just went back and reread Troy's intial post. Very cleverly worded. I'm sure a lot time was spent flshing out that post before it was made.

He mentions the name of prominent collectors and how they talk to Bushing, but never says directly that Bushing ever told them or H&B that he was the owner of the bat or any other item they may have been interested in. He is honest when he says "Since it was his item, he was more than willing to discuss it and try to promote the item to achieve the highest price possible." Which also means he never disclosed the fact that he was owner unless asked that question. Ryan even states this in his post.

When I first read that post, I thought, wow, something good is coming about. To a degree it is. But after having reread his post, I realize it's just more selfserving spin and damage control. The perfect example is his statement "we were just operating within standard practices of the industry". What about holding yourself to a higher standard when it's obvious that standard practice is less than ethical?

Let's hope these changes are real and that SCDA will start holding Mr Bushing and others to higher standard. I'm not gonna hold my breath since there is way too much money to lost by doing this.

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!