View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default SABR - membership = $60./yr.

Posted By: jay behrens

I've been a member since the mid-80s. Bill James' books are what got me to join. You are not required to do any research, but it expected that if a member asks you for assistance in checking something out in your local area, that you lend hand.

Some people may think $60 is steep, but it worth it just the books you get each year, and Deadball Star of the AL is on the publish list for 2006, so if you want to ensure you get a copy, being a member is the best way to do it. The SABR-l list and the carious committee e-lists are all great and most local chapters also have their own e-list. It doesn't matter what your interest is in baseball, it is covered by SABR.

The local chapter meetings are always great and usually center around some baseball related activity. I remember one meeting of the Lefty O'Doul chapter (San Fran) we got to tour PacBell Park shortly before contrustion was completed.

I'm on probably the tighest budget of anyone on this board, but I always make sure to pay my dues for SABR. 20 years of SABR publications has 2 shelves in bookcase filled

Jay

Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.