Thread: Steve Verkman
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Default Steve Verkman

Posted By: Steve

I have to say that I feel a football player on a short run play being piled on by every player of another team.

Grading is subjective and will always be. What do I mean by this? If anyone on this board can take 10 cards at random graded by any of the grading services and find a consistent pattern, they must have some supernatural/psychic capabilities to see things that are not present to us mortals. My company's grading is as consistent as possible. We have always had (and have) consistent standards. This does not mean we can't make a mistake (we stock 28,000 items).

Many people have referred to backs. This is my grading standards for back issues. For black back cards, we will grade something Ex or even Ex Plus with pencil or other very, very minute back damage (very light scrape). VG and VG-Ex cards may have minor writing on the back in ink and/or minor back damage. Grading servies have made back damage an issue that can lower a cards grade by two or three grades for a pinhole size scrape; that is their right and that is fine. As a collector since 1979, I do not see things that way. One thing we know for certain is that many major PSA and other graded card dealers buy items from us at full price and do very well getting them graded.

The important point is this: anyone, at any time, can request (and will receive) a detailed description and scan when possible of any card in our inventory or auction. Cards purchased outright (we accept all major credit cards) have a 100% return policy. We also guarantee that every card we sell is authentic and will be graded by a major service. We literally have two or three cards per year (out of 60,000) rejected by a service; no one at this level can make this claim.

At Clean Sweep, we stand for real cards at real prices. We cater to all ends of the hobby, from T206 commons for $15 to Old Judge Cabinets to Babe Ruth single signed baseballs. We also provide the largest (and best) scans on our website of any auction in the hobby. Finally, we are the only major auction house to offer free catalogs to members of this board.

As a collector myself, I think this board is great; the people who have posted derogatory comments have all been responded to by me personally and there are unfortunately some things that two people will not agree about.

Anyone that has any question about any card or item in our great current auction (www.csauctions.com) or vast online store inventory, may email us at 516 338 8557 for a very detailed condition description.