Thread: Card scarcity
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Card scarcity

Posted By: J Levine

Okay...I understand how people could take my post about finding cards that are not publicly aknowledged as scarce as immoral or wrong but we all do it. We all search auctions, ebay, flea markets, and shows for the great finds. Sometimes we find it, sometimes we don't. My two great finds this year, I told both sellers they probably could get more but both decided to bless me with the cards. Why? Not sure, I am a collector on a very strict budget. There have been other times where I missed out on a great deal because it was slightly out of my budget (turned down buying one of the Allegeny cards a few years ago in Anaheim for $150!--hate myself for that). I mean great other deals too. I have also shown friends great deals when I could not afford them.

The flip side is that I did the research, just as the OJ collectors have done the research. I put the time and money into it. Research, by the way, that anybody could do but most have not. This year was the first year I went truly public with it and I got many e-mail responses thanking me and even more saying things like, "I didn't even know that!"

If Bob L. wants to use my research for his price guide, I wouild be honored and would tell him what I know willingly. In fact, many people have asked me about T-205 cards over the years and I often tell them what I know.

I enjoy finding great deals and love searching ebay, flea markets, and antique shows for the next great find. I think hobby enthusiasts are really just a kind of treasure hunter.

-Joshua