View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default Some Questions about Vintage Cards that Keep Me Awake at Night

Posted By: tbob

The T207 articles penned by Tim and I (oh how quickly they forget) only speculated as to an extension of the set. I've never seen anything, anywhere to explain why Evers, Wagner, Matty, Plank, Lajoie, Chase, et al are missing in action. Wish I knew...
The E90-1 Mitchell card is hard to figure. It is the toughest card in the "foundation" caramel card set. Seemingly anyone who moves from tobacco cards to caramel cards wants to tackle the E90-1 because it is THE caramel set, just as the T206 set is THE tobacco set and yet Mitchell, despite its scarcity doesn't sell for nearly as much as it should. Hard to figure. The only thing I can think of is that because it is nearly impossible to find a Joe Jackson, perhaps the "completists" steer away from the set and thus Mike Mitchell is not a priority with them. Or maybe, a lot of collectors consider the E90-1 set "complete" without Joe Jax and Mitchell, much like the T206 set is considered "complete" without Wagner, Doyle, Plank and Magie. I know my T206 set is "done" despite the lack of the Big 3 Plus 1.