View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Default Another DiMaggio "Streak" Bat? More PBOR Horror Stories

Posted By: PASJD

From the bat itself, due to its physical characteristics, the best anyone can do is to match it to a series of shipments of bats with those same physical characteristics over a two year or so period. There is nothing on the bat itself indicating WHICH shipment it came from. So far, so good? But here is where I get confused. Was Henrich just brought in after the fact to "authenticate" the bat because he happened to still be alive, which sounds totally bogus, or was the bat actually in Henrich's possession all these years? If it was in his possession, and I think Robert's history said it was, then why couldn't it be the case that Henrich took it from Dimaggio or was given it when the streak ended as a keepsake, in which case it sounds highly credible? He may be 93, but if he remembers that those were the circumstances under which he came to have the bat, then why would anyone doubt him? So my further question is what is Henrich's explanation for how he came to possess the bat, it seems to me that may be where the critical evidence lies here.