View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Default OT - Shipping Fee Hike

Posted By: Chris

If I understand the post correctly, I don't think the seller is being completely unreasonable. I know to insure a package GOING to Canada is quite expensive. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $10. I think the seller is just trying to protect both parties. If I were selling an item for that amount I would want the buyer to purchase insurance as well because what happens if it is not insured and the buyer doesn't get it? He may ASSUME the seller is a thief and leave potentially damaging feedback when in reality it may have just been lost in the mail. How many times have buyers waived the insurance option but still feel the seller should be responsible for the mail getting delivered? The seller should put something in the listing saying insurance is required for certain amounts. Looks to me like the extra $9.95 he is charging is probably the actual coat of insurance and is not going in his pocket. It doesn'tr cost $6 to ship a card though. All in all I don't think it warrants negative feedback unless you pay for the insurance and he does not insure it.