View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Drum, Lenox, Uzit ??

Posted By: Scott Elkins

You could go for a Cobb with EVERY back combination - that would definitely be an accomplishment. Afterall the Green and Bat On would both be found on the 150/350 Series back types (that are not that tough). The biggie being - you could get the tougher back types with the Bat Off as well as the Red Port.

Sorry John S. - didn't mean to "tell on you" for having the PSA 7 Drum Griffith. I just thought you could make a nice profit and Hal could get the best example of a Drum in the world at the same time - making all parties happy! I just remembered the PSA 7 Griffith Drum b/c you outbid me on that one in the Mastro auction and I was pretty heavy into the type cards and rare backs back then, so I tried to remember where everything went......just in case. At the time, I was putting together a T206 rare back collection in PSA 7 - the Drum and BL 460 and 350 were the only ones I needed in that grade (I never went for any Brown Lenox). Although, another horror story involving John S. - I remember being the underbidder in a rare back lot that John won. I was going to bid again, b/c the Lenox looked brown. Something happened I won a couple other lots and didn't bid. To turn out the Lenox was brown! However, I was extremely happy that it was John who outbid me and I didn't bid any higher. John has been a great help to me over the years - he also sold me my first W555 Cobb years ago!

BTW - since you are reading the posts John - was I correct about where you purchased the E90-1 Jackson you auctioned through Sportscards Plus? Just want to know, so I can kick myself again for buying the E93 Cobb from them, instead of that Jackson!