View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Standard Catalog

Posted By: Jim Clarke

I just got in my 2005 SCD book. I think they have dropped out more than 50 items from 1865 to 1930. Many Cabinet and post card issues are gone. IE.. Took out 1882 Chicago Photographic Cabinets and probally replaced it with 2005 Upper Deck super Secret pack insert special refractor limited edition card that has been autographed and has a piece of the players jock strap in it! Since 19th century and type issues are pretty hot right now.. Would it not make more sense to do a pre-war only price guide where nothing will be changed other than "New" discoveries and someone can just concentrate on prices in that arena.

Why keep 1886 Hancock cards in there? Only 3 known to exist and who cares what the books says about them. You need to have somewhat of a market on them for people to be interested. When one comes to market... low or high is the potential buyer going to use the book as a guide? Why do they book at 20K when the only sale on these happend at 10K... Does not make any sense.

Only list items that have more than 5 of that item or more than 10 items in a set. It would be nice to see a "One Of A Kind" spread in there as well (without prices). Just venting... JC