View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's Questions...

Posted By: Aaron

I understand these guys must be busy, but you would hope that the "high-end" auction houses would be a little less sloppy when dealing with consignments and bidders.

Anyway, nowhere on Lelands auction site does it list the rules for closing times or bidder eligibility. Does anyone know? Like Mastro, will they have "extended time" bidding, and do you have to have already bid on an item to be eligible during extended time?

Also, the cover of the sports catalog on the home page says the sports auction closes on December 10, but the countdowns on the individual auction pages all list closing as December 9. Does anyone know which is correct?

One last question, Leland still has the 17.5% buyer's premium up from their Internet-only auction last month. Do they still intend to charge 17.5% or are they going back to 15%?

Sorry to bother the board with theses questions, but I haven't received the catalog (has anyone?), the rules and answers to my questions are nowhere to be found on their website, and they do not respond to e-mail. (Seriously, not to take a shot at these guys, but how can consignors trust their stuff with them, when they are so sloppy and haphazard and non-responsive? Where's the organization ala Mastro?)