View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default Collecting Old Judge

Posted By: john/z28jd

Best thing to do is learn about the cards before you collect them and what prices you should pay.You wont learn everything in a short amount of time but youll know who the common players are and what price to pick them up at and the hall of famers.Depending on what you want to spend youll have an idea then of what to collect.

Ive collected a certain team,a certain player and just cool poses.Id like to get one card of each player within reason and as far my preference,I love old judge cards but dont have any interest in portrait cards but most people do

Kevin's idea is a good one,collecting certain players who are of interest to you but theres plenty of people who collect one team[Im a Pirates fan so i collected all the 1887 Pirates players] one subset,or just try for every player.

One bit of advice,it is tough to get inside info from the people who know because they could be giving away which players are tougher and therefor take away a chance they have of making a good deal.Some poses/variations of common players can be extremely difficult