View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Sl. O/T: Fox has to be the WORST way to watch a game

Posted By: John/z28jd

If everyone hates McCarver as an announcer, why is he on the #1 Fox team and not announcing games for the Winston Salem Warthogs?

I would love to know the answer to this as well and id be happy as a warthog in mud if he did announce for winston-salem instead of on national tv.In fact if they want to hire him id be willing to help pay a small part of his salary to not hear him.

I think the real answer is hes gotten much worse over the years but hes put in his time.I dont watch basketball often anymore but when i did i hated Bill Walton,he fits into that McCarver mold,but hes Bill Walton so they let him announce big games.Hes very unpopular too among people ive asked but there he is announcing important games all the time.

Adam,i did notice right before the last out they had to show everyones face on the ny bench like it was a big dramatic moment.Yes the Yankees were about to lose a playoff game,but it was game 1 and i dont think they were giving up all hope.

I thought they did a good job during the Cardinals game as far as video and commentary,and i only saw bits and pieces of the Red Sox game,mostly listened to that one on espn radio so i cant comment much.