View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Default Investing in baseball cards

Posted By: leon

As I mentioned in an earlier post I took some money out of the stock market about 5-6 years ago and put it into vintage cards. I think I have done ok especially relative to the stock market. As with anything it is all about supply and demand. I have always tried to concentrate on the most obscure issues and that seems to have done ok for me. As everyone says as long as you enjoy it and don't lose your butt then all is good. Overall I think cards will go up and down as any volitile asset will. I also think the internet has added a lot of value to our cards in that they are more accessible now as opposed to pre-internet. When I realized what the internet was going to do (add demand) I started thinking more about cards (which equalled buying more).....and I still love the history and everything about them. One of my biggest quandries is "when to sell?". I have one card that has about quadrupeled in value and it could approach 6 figures now. Relative to my other assets it's weighted more than it should be. Good question....regards