View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay and feedback

Posted By: honus3415

...if I should leave feedback first as a seller.

Email today from ebay ID "larrygent101"

Dear sir,

am intrested in purchasing you item today and i am ok with buy it now price,i will like to know if you accept a cashier check as a mode of payment and if you will be able to wire transfer the remaning balance to the shipping company in africa via western union money transfer after you might have cash the check and after you might have deduted your own part of the money. I will like you to forward me your contact name and address so that i can forward the cashier check as soon as possible today.you can get back to me via my email address since that is the only way you can reach me.....ok....

There are a lot more undesirable buyers than there are undesirable sellers.

Relinquishing the item puts the responsibility of "first feedback" onto the recipient of that item. Possession of the object is permanent, and unless paid for with cash, fed wire or postal MO*, the funding may be challenged for up to several months in some instances. If paid for cash, fed wire or postal MO, the seller should leave immediate feedback.

Needless to say....I didn't have to read the above to know that I should just send them the item and wait until they get change.

* Postal Money Order - these may be challenged but people are less likely to play games directly with the government.