View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay and feedback

Posted By: honus3415

In a PERFECT world.....

....the seller SHOULD leave feedback first to show confidence in their product and description.

But this allows for potential feedback blackmail of a seller by a buyer for any number of reasons.... such as buyers remorse or a scam of not receiving (true of not) an item which they CHOOSE not to insure.

I truely admire those sellers that put their reputation on the line in this manner. It does seem however, that usually the only ones that do are the ones at the top of the feedback food chain with frequent enough activity that a "neg" wouldn't stay near the top of their list for long.

....so that leaves the buyer going first....and notifying the seller through their feedback of their receipt and satisfaction with the item.

Maybe not so good either....as I have experienced many sellers don't reciprocate because they must be too busy selling items to keep up on such a menial task.

Solution????

Flip a coin?

OR....how about the "less mature" ebayer (one with less feedback of the two) going first and by that action pleading with the "more mature" to do the right thing.... or vice versa.

Although, I think the whole issue of "more feedback is better senerio" has been blown way out of proportion. To get a proper perspective, points based on dollar value should be given. There is no way a 100 positive feedbacks from the sales of $1.00 cards is even worth 1 positive feedback from the sale of a T206 Cobb (in ANY condition!!).

Good people will do the right thing and the others won't. So let your conscience be your guide....

(The views expressed in this block are solely those of this individual and probably do not represent those of anyone else in the human race.)