View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default Bring on those damn Yankees!

Posted By: Tbob

The guy he should have brought in was Lohse. I know you are cringing because he has been so up and down but he has playoff experience, he has good stuff even though he doesn't always have his head screwed on right and he proved in Cleveland that he can come in and finish a game (1st game of the doubleheader). What Gardy has done is take Nathan out of Friday's game, the most important in the series.
Second guessing is always fun but if I am managing the Twins in the 12th, Lohse is on the mound, Cuddyer shifts over to 1st with Ojeda at 2nd and Ford in right, all for defense. The ball hit to right should not have been able to score Jeter, it was a shallow line drive not a long fly ball. Jones threw a lollipop to LeCroy and Hrbek, Doug M. or Morneau would all have thrown Jeter out at the plate.
I think we gift wrapped the game although Jacque the rally killer Jones did manage to come around and score on his 3rd strike out of the game, that was a gift too. I only wish the Yanks had a lefty so Jones would be on the bench where he belongs...