View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default POST SEASON AWARDS

Posted By: John/z28jd

I think all 4 of your guesses will be right.Its always funny to hear people chant mvp whenever their hometown guy gets up like i heard in Boston for Ramirez/Ortiz,NY with Sheffield and Dodgers with Beltre.
If Bonds doesnt win it for what he did this year they better rethink they way the voting is handled.He set walks and on base record,his slugging percent was 160 points higher than 2nd place.He won the batting crown,he hit a homer every 8.5 at-bats,finished 2nd in runs scored,batted 400 with runners on base,and for the first time ever for a guy who qualified for a batting title,and probably any guy who ever got a significant amount of at-bats,he reached base more times than official at-bats 376-373,thats unfathomable.

Most remarkable stat is the OPS stat which is a good sign of a players worth,combines slugging and on base percents.Bonds was 334 points higher than 2nd place who was Todd Helton playing in thin air colorado.Thats the same point difference between Todd Helton and 120th place on that list.

I wouldnt complain if Schilling or Sheffield won and Randy Johnson had a remarkable year for a bad team but those 4 Jay said are my choices