View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default D322 Wagner PSA 3 - Valuation question?

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Matt and Ray, I've been looking for one of these for a while and have noticed a sharp uptick in sales prices. I find that generally a decent card graded Authentic can often sell for about the price of a 2 -- and that card that you posted Matt is decent but not a great Authentic due to the crease. A nice Tip Top Wagner 2 will go for a lot more than the 6K that the H & S card went for in my opinion, and I still think the H & S price is a bit high (obviously, just as the quality of a card graded 1 can be so wildly different, same as the quality of an Authentic card).

As for Ray's card, the scan isn't great and if it is as dark as in the scan, I'm not sure it's worth more or less than the Authentic H & S because you just cannot see much of Honus's head. If I had my choice, based on the lousy scan of Ray's card, I would probably rather have the Authentic H & S. Ray, if the card is just a barely decent 3 it will sell in the teens easy. Get a better scan and put it on BST and you might do really well as it is a really popular card these days.