View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default F/S: M101-2 Sporting News Supplements from 1909 incl Detroit Team

Posted By: Rob

Hi all, I have a couple more M101-2s for sale. Prices include shipping and insurance. Will accept Paypal but prefer money order so I don't have to pay fees.

HOF Edward Collins (Philadelphia AL) Oct 18, 1909 - $190 A few very minor wrinkles/chipping (no major creases) and some slight stain dots both front and back. A small edge tear at top left (above the 's' in 'supplement') and the right side towards the top (follow the angle of his bat where it would meet the edge) is touched/rough. Very nice picture!

Detroit Team - incl Cobb, Crawford, Jennings, and Mullin Nov 18, 1909 - $355 Correctly measures approx 10x16 yet is separated along the centerfold - common with the team issues. A small piece of somewhat-detiorated tape appears to have once held this together. Multiple edge tears and some wrinkling. Staining on back that isn't evident to me on front. Very presentable. A few HOFers and many familiar faces! Cobb won the triple crown in 1909.

See pics below. Sorry, no scanner. Please email for back scans! Happy to send more pics or answer questions.

Thanks,
Rob

tiger8mush@yahoo.com