View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default BAT COLLECTORS COLLECT BATS BECAUSE......

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

Dave from Somewhereville emailed me to show me this exceptionaly clean ring bat. Sounds like he got my email address from this thread..didn't relate his bat collecting criteria, but obviously if this is one of his pride and joys, he's an experienced collector with a story to tell....Dave should join up and quit being a draft dodger happy.gif
__________________________________________________ _______

Carlton--Just ran across this site and may join sometime. In the meantime, here is one of my pride and joys. The bat weighs only 25 oz. as it is made of willow and has aged over the years. Thought you would like to see a couple of photos. You can post them if you need to. I'm sure their are other bats however like this one. It is just my oldest and one of my favorites.

Dave
__________________________________________________ ________

Hey Dave, Thanks, that's a great bat in great condition...and you get an A for photography!!! Bats are a bit hard to photograph..so you're the man...John Gennantonio has one..actually two like that, one with a black label one white...but yours is in even better condition than his!!!...you can see them at the bootom of this link http://sportsantiques.com/07natstory4.htm ....you should really join Net54....you obviously could contribute to the landscape....don't be a submarine lurker LOL, surface and join the fray...thanks again, Happy New Year
-Carlton
SportsAntiques.com

[linked image]
[linked image]