View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default I could use some help identifying a postcard

Posted By: mark bowers

Jodi:

Perhaps I can supply some of the information for you. Let me begin with your question about "value". As a collector value is unimportant to me. Completing the set is.

I have been collecting Bill and Bob's for close to 50 years and am still missing three (Dressen, Keely and Covington with one bat). Some, like Mathews, Haney and one of the Crandall's seem to pop up from time to time. Others like Aaron, Spahn, Torre and the three Adcocks among others we hardly ever see.

I have to say that on the scarcity issue yes, for some reason, they are very scarce and on the issue of collectibility they are, in my opinion, some of the most beautiful cards ever made and among those of us who seek them extremely collectible.

Having said that there are those who will never consider postcards "cards" which is fine and to them I say contact me and I will take them off your hands. The same with the scarce Ford Tiger postcards.

As a postscript, awhile back somebody asked about the most scarce Aaron cards and I suggested my Bill and Bob postmarked in August 1956 from Milwaukee. I have never seen another one.

Mark