View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Default two interesting statistics

Posted By: D. Bergin

I try to charge exact shipping + a tiny handling fee to hopefully cover Paypals portion of my shipping charge. I also try to give options on shipping. Customer usually has a choice of 1st Class Mail or Priority Mail depending on the bulkiness of the item.

My DSR rating is around 4.9 for S&H charges. I have no doubt if I began to cut my own throat and give out free shipping my DSR rating would not improve a lick. It's a red herring for Ebay/Paypal to take an even bigger cut of your sales IMO.

Pack your items sturdy and make your shipping costs obvious in your listings and your customers will appreciate it without you having to take the hit that Ebay wants you to take.

IMO if they are going to create a 5 star system and determine that 5 out of 5 stars is standard and 4 out of 5 stars is beyond horrible then the system is completely flawed and leaves far to much room for abuse by buyers. I have a 4.9 right now but I know damn well it will only take one buyer to click 1................whether by accident or on purpose to totally trash my rating.

They should just go for a Positive/Negative/Neutral rating and rate the DSR's like they do the Feedback.